Monday, October 09, 2006

I've got a new show that I like to watch. Disney Channel's Hannah Montana. It's right up there with CSI: Las Vegas, Lost, Heroes, and any of HGTV's design shows.

And wouldn't you know it? There's a marathon going right now! I've been watching the show for the past hour and a half. Hehe.

Solo Subs Shift, Day 1: Sad. I was all by my lonesome today. It's a little depressing. There was a long-awaited phone call to say "hi" from Chelsea. Unfortunately, I missed the call because I jumped on the phones to help out. Today was crazy busy because a few staff members called so all offices were short handed. And since we were short some people, I had no choice but to cover the front desk. Also, our email server was down, so I was even more bored than normal, even with the amount of work I had. (Emailing gets me through the day.) And to top it all off, our coffee machine was broken. As Joes put it, "it's armageddon". Har de har har.

To do for tomorrow:
  • Seat Family bonus show
  • Schedule interviews for back-up position
  • Set up (and print if there's time) Family rewards cards
  • Check Dance & Broadway prints
  • Call Custom patrons for JK cancellation
  • Look into finally charging 2nd 50/50 payment for Family
Most likely, only the top 2 will be done. It all depends on whether I can get someone to cover the front desk for lunch so I don't lose an hour of my work day.

Prediction for Solo Subs Shift, Day 2: Still sad.

While I can't wait to get fresh blood in my office, it's a little upsetting to realize that I'm never going to get that all-girl-team dynamic going. Angela, Chelsea, and I got along so well and shared so many things in common. Everyday may not have been a day to look forward to, after all this is work, but having both of them there made it a lot more bearable. We had such a laid back atmosphere and we could all talk freely to one another, and I know that whatever the season threw at us, we would help each other cope. They gave me so much support, and I don't think I would've made it through this season completely sane without that. As much as I hope I can keep my office that way, I know for a fact that it will not completely be so. :( I miss them too much right now.

Wish me luck.