Saturday, September 16, 2006

Sept. 15, 2006. The big day. The day the new Renee and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall opened. It was such an amazing night, and I feel so honored to have been a small part of it. And I have a picture in the OC Register to prove it. Check the website for the article and more pictures.

Smack dab in the middle of the picture. Haha! You can't really see me since I wasn't facing the camera, but my sister is right there with her face lit up by the fireworks. Next to her on the right (her left) are Son, Ky and E-man. OCPAC represent!

It felt so special to share this experience with awesome, amazing friends! We worked, we had fun, and we partied the night away! For free, I might add, at the Center Club. We all took advantage of the Center Club post-gala dinner that cost 1k a ticket (includes pre-show reception, ticket to the show and the dinner), all we needed was a dinner card which my boss gave all of the staff. Open bar and a buffet? What more can you ask for? They had sushi, dimsum and everything.

The fireworks were fantastic! It started at SCR, to the Center, to the Concert Hall. You had to be there. I heard a rumor that it was a Disney production (the fireworks) and cost $100,000 per second. I doubt it, but I don't really know do I? And honestly, I don't care. I was there, and I'm happy I was part of the events.

The building is so beautiful. Especially at night with the lights lit up. I'm sure Joes will post pictures soon so you can see for yourself. For now, I will sit here and bask in the glory of a once-in-a-lifetime experience.