*vent*
Oh hell, frickin' no! You did not just say that to me! This is not the week to test my patience, and believe me, you just crossed the line. I have been so understanding and lenient with your situations (yes, plural), and as a result, it is one of the reasons we've been behind and now it seems like you think you can walk all over me. Throwing that comment in my face did not endear your cause to me at all. I have had enough, it is time to tighten the reigns.
*end vent*
Sorry for the rant. I'm just so stressed with work. I've got so much on my plate and all of it is due within the next week. I've been regularly working 10-hour days and occasional 6-day weeks (except for this past weekend), and it looks like I'll be working straight until the 10th. I'll definitely try to take a day off if I can, but with everything that's going on, it's looking very slim. I'm for sure going to be working 4th of July. Sucks!
Add to this, I'm having issues with my contact lens order from the Tustin Marketplace branch of Lenscrafters. I paid for a pair of glasses on 06/10 and a year's supply of contacts on 06/15. Unfortunately, with my weird prescription on my left eye, they had to special order my eye glass lens and half of my order for contacts and it takes about 2 weeks (usually sooner). I was told they would call me to let me know when those are in. So I follow up 06/20th just to check on status, chick informs me in a very upbeat tone that I placed the order for my contacts 5 days prior and it's still less than 2 weeks for the glasses and that they will call to let me know. While I did not appreciate her answer, I decide to suck it in and wait.
I called yesterday, 4 days after the 2 week period for my glasses and 2 days before the 2 week period for my contacts, and was told that my glasses were there and ready to be picked up, but the lab messed up on my order for contacts and it would be another 2 weeks for me to receive it. I go in to pick up my glasses, and the guy, Will, was really helpful and said that he will call the lab and since it's their (lab) mess up, he's going to try to get them to expedite the order at their (lab) cost. He will call me at the end of the day or have someone call me the next day (today) to let me know what will happen.
I wait until 8pm for a phone call ('coz I didn't get out of work until then), none came. I call and was told that it will definitely be 2 weeks to receive the order. I ask for the manager, who happens to be busy at that time. Funny, yesterday at around the same time when I stopped by, all 4 staff members were just sitting around talking to each other. Ok so maybe it's valid this time, but bear in mind I'm already extremely annoyed at this point. Geraldine says she'll take down my info and have the manager call me as soon as she can. I give her my cell phone and work phone and emphasize that I will be expecting that phone call and add that I've had to personally follow up everytime and don't want to do it again this time. I honestly doubt I'll get that phone call, but I'll let you know tomorrow.
I will not accept another 2-week wait for my order. While I understand that it's the lab's eff' up, it's an extreme inconvenience to me and the store doesn't seem to be doing anything about it. I shouldn't have to be the one who tries to make arrangements for it (get them to expedite it, etc). What kind of BS customer service is that? I work in a very customer service oriented environment, and all of my job history are in the same vein, so I believe I have a lot of patience for other people who provide me with the same service, but this is ridiculous.
This same thing happened to me last year at the same place. It took more than 3 weeks for me to get my contact lens order because the lab shipped them the wrong thing and I never got a call to let me know what the status was. While this prior experience should've made me leery of conducting business with the same branch, I was willing to try them again thinking that what happened last year was a once-in-a-blue-moon thing. I guess not. I've dealt with another branch before for eye glasses and never experienced this. I got my glasses the same day I placed my order.
Gah! I'm so freakin' pissed off right now, I can't type straight. I've been having to correct typos and misspellings the entire time I've been typing this post up.
So sorry for the short temper and bad moods, babe! It'll be over by September, hopefully!