Friday, May 26, 2006

As if my cough wasn't bad enough, now, upon orders of my eye doctor, I'm walking around with one contact.

Lately, my contacts haven't been very effective. My eyes are messed up to begin with (right = near sighted, left = far sighted), but lately most things from a distance are a blur. It's a devil of a time when you're trying to read street signs. So I decided to go to the eye doctor for a check up. I shell out more than I have to 'coz my medical insurance doesn't cover vision, and I'm only approved for an eye exam every 2 years. Its bull, but what else can I do?

I get there and the doctor does all his tests. After he's done, he's looking at me like he has really, really distressing news. He's rubbing his face as if he's trying to figure out how to say it, which in turn was freaking me out. Am I going blind? For goodness' sake, tell me!

He brings up that I have a scar on my cornea, which I already knew. I don't know how it came about, but I first noticed it about 7 years ago. So anyway, he tells me that he's concerned because there's swelling around my cornea. He thinks it may be because my contact is irritating my eye so he doesn't want me to wear a contact in it for the next couple of weeks and come back for a follow up. (Which means i'm going to shell out more moolah. Effer!) He wants to see if the swelling goes down or if we should be more concerned about it. But since my right eye is technically the blind eye, wearing a contact on that one and not putting one in on my left kinda evens it out.

It just seems weird. Hehe.

We're going to Las Vegas tomorrow! I can't wait! Only for 1 night, but I desperately need the break away from work. We're watching Ave Q too, so I'm looking forward to that.