Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Have decided to take up crocheting. I hope it takes. I mean, I did invest $25 of my net worth towards this endeavor.

I bought a kit that came with some yarn and a crochet needle, and the easiest how-to-crochet book ever (guaranteed to be 100% klutz certified) so we’ll see. So far so good. I’ve been practicing stitches, but have finally started on a project (a little jewelry roll/envelope). Right now its a 2”x5” section of yarn but I have yet to screw up, so yay me!

Why take up crocheting, you ask? Well, almost all the boys in the crew have decided to take up the wonderful world of Gears of War 2 on the Xbox Live so I’ve lost access to the pretty TV in the living room from around dinner time for an indeterminate period of time. And that my friends, is prime TV marathon period (CSI, Without A Trace, Cold Case, Designed to Sell, John & Kate Plus 8, etc). The 20-sumthin” TV in the bedroom just doesn’t cut it anymore and I’m running out of websites to check and books to read so right now, I kill time with my iPod and the learning-to-crochet book. Fun yeah?

Plus I can do that sitting in the living room with my hubs and my favorite male current-roommate (Joe, you’re still my most favorite ever) and laugh at the one sided conversations as they play with their headsets on. Not that they care or notice that I’m sitting right here, but whatever...

My hands are hurting right now though so I’m taking a break from crocheting. Between the keyboard at work and crocheting, I’m so going to have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.