Monday, August 11, 2008

Random thoughts...

Those new swimsuits (Olympics) look very uncomfortable. It looks like it could possibly squeeze someone’s insides out. LOL.

There are quite a bit of special events (i.e. parties) held at work throughout the year. Most of the vases from centerpieces at these events are left out for anyone to take, otherwise they just go to trash. In the last 6 months alone, I’ve scored about 30 free vases to use for our centerpieces. And we only have 20 guest tables. Score! Don’t worry, I’ll put all of these to good use. I just need to finally wash them all.

Total inventory at this time: 9 6” rose bowls, 9 4” rose bowls, 8 3” rose bowls, 1 4” rose bowl with a curled rim, 3 funky vases (probably for the guest tables) and 1 horn looking vase (I don’t know what I’m going to do with this). Oh, and I forgot I have 4 8” squares that I bought a while back. I’m totally set!

Joes’ aunt is doing our centerpieces for us at cost. So getting these vases for free is a total save! We need to set a time to go the the Flower Mart in LA to figure our what flowers we want to use. Now, I just need a florist for the bouquets.

I should come up with a wedding blog/bio. There are a ton of things I want to share, but want to keep the element of surprise for our guests so I don’t want to post here. I think I might just start one. Don’t worry, Teta, I’ll give you the url so you can keep track.

:)