Omg, this is so weird: The Right Brain vs. The Left Brain Test
I look at the picture and I only see it going clockwise while Joes can only see it going counter-clockwise. No matter how hard I try, I can't see it going the other way. So interesting.
So the wedding planning isn't going very well. We haven't really accomplished anything besides picking out the colors, narrowing down the dates and securing the location for our engagement photos.
I'm so excited that we got permission to have our pictures taken at the Center. We've both worked there for a while and we met there so the place holds a lot of memories for me. And while I'd love to have my reception there, we probably can't afford Patina Catering and I can't think of any area there that can hold the number of guests we are looking to have. So the second best thing was to have our pictures taken there. I can't wait!
I went to the Bridal Show at the OC Fairgrounds on 10/21. I was supposed to meet up with Ivy and some of John John's relatives, but they were running late. I got there right when it started at 10. I only had 1.5 hours to make my rounds 'coz I had to get to work at noon.
It turns out that I got there at a perfect time 'coz there weren't a lot of women yet. I prepared a list of booths in advance in order to better manage my time, and because I got there right as the doors opened I was able to get around pretty fast. By the time Ivy and them got there, there was a line to get in and it was hard to weave your way around the crowd.
I got some pretty good ideas for what I kind of want to do and was able to check out different reception venues. I'm just waiting for more information to come to me via email.
Man, I haven't been this organized ever. I literally have a notebook where I list my ideas and vendors that I want to check out. I also bought The Complete Wedding Planner and Organizer, Bridal Bargains and Buff Brides (I need a structured work out system because I tend to slack off when left on my own devices) at Barnes and Noble today.
I spent a good hour at the bookstore trying to figure out which wedding planner was going to be of more use to me. I didn't want a book 'coz I'm not going to read the entire thing. I wanted to be able to use it as an organizer for clippings and paperwork and I wanted to use is as a keepsake to pass it on to my kids or something. This planner was perfect because it was very much in checklist-style, which is very practica and comes as a 3 ring binder with a portable 3 hole puncher included. It also has a very good budget planner and tells you how much percentage of your budget should go to what (i.e. 5% to ceremony, 9% to bridal attire, etc). It also shows you approximately how much you should be spending on whatever (i.e. $100-500 on officiant, etc).
All in all, I think I'm on the right track but things are going way too slow for my liking. But then I've always been very impatient and hate waiting. But I'm sure this year will fly by.