Man, oh man. It’s been a while, eh? Laziness is so not becoming on me. Ha!
So what has happened to me lately, you ask? Well, a couple of weeks after the Tahoe trip was a week long trip to Houston, TX for the Intix (International Ticketing Association) Conference. It was fun, and pretty much all expenses were paid because it was a business trip. As part of the conference, I was able to take a tour of the Toyota Center and Minute Maid Park. I have never been away from home that long before (by home I mean California/Nevada). Actually, not entirely true, I was in Atlanta for a workshop 7 years ago, so never mind.
Toyota Center was pretty much like the Staples Center. It seemed a little smaller though, but that might just be me. WWE was rehearsing so I couldn’t take pictures of the bowl (the floor). Minute Maid Park was pretty cool. I had so much fun in there because we were able to go into more places. We even made it down to the Astros dugout and the field.
Aside from the tours, I wasn’t able to do anything touristy. I wanted to visit the Moody Gardens to check out their Rainforest Pyramid but I didn’t have much time and I didn’t want to go by myself. The most accessible to me was The Underground, which is a series of pedestrian tunnels under downtown Houston. Because it gets too hot in the summer, they built the tunnels (air conditioned) so people can get around town without having to walk outside. They’re simple hallways connecting one building to another and there are stores and food places throughout. You can pretty much travel across town just by walking the tunnels, it was cool. I looked like a total tourist walking around open mouthed with my camera and taking pictures of the most random crap. Hehe.
I think I’d like to go back someday and explore more. Check out the places I wanted to go to but didn’t get a chance to.
Got back to work and it’s like I never left. Bah humbug.
What else happened in the meantime? Hmm… Nothing much really. Looking forward to salsa class this coming Sunday, 2 Vegas trips and a Mammoth trip in March and Marizze visiting for Easter. Yay!