Thursday, November 23, 2006

*Whew* The evening turned out well. I'm glad. Lots of food, and the parental units seemed to get along. Take note, seemed. Hehe, this is just me being paranoid.

Being that my parents don't really make home cooked meals all that much, they were having a blast with all of the dishes that Joes' mom prepared. We had kare-kare, dinuguan, biko and cassava cake. And of course, don't forget their prime rib, the turkey, etc. My family (and myself) were in food heaven.

While here, my mom asked me to set a Friendster account for her. She said that her co-worker kept showing my Friendster page whenever I updated pictures, and she never sees said pictures so she figured that the only way she'll see them is if she has an account.

So while I was showing her how it worked, I kept going into friends' pages that she knows so she can see pictures. A couple of my childhood friends have kids now, so she saw the baby pictures. She saw pictures of my cousins. She saw pictures of old neighbors. Etcetera, etcetera.

And apparently, she chats via Yahoo! Messenger with her barkada in the Philippines. My mom and instant messenger... Who would've thunk? But its good for her. I know it keeps her happy talking to all her friends from home.