Kids say and do the darndest things.
Exhibit 1:
Joes' nice, Lily (child #4), who recently has taken to climbing all over me (literally) when we see her, spots my tongue ring.
L: "What's that?"
K: "Oh, um... Candy?"
L: "Is it spicy?"
K: "No, it's not spicy." (Holding in a laugh.)
L: Sees the birthmark on my left eye. "What's that?"
K: "It's my birthmark. I've had it since I was born."
L: "Is it spicy?"
K: "No, it's not spicy."
Exhibit 2:
Joes' other niece, Maggie (child #2), goes poo poo.
M: "MOM! It's huge!"
Ate L: "Really?"
Ate tells me the back story. Apparently, Noah (child #3) pooped out a big one. Almost as big as Nico (child #5), they say (baby's pretty scrawny so it's not that bad). And now it looks like Maggie beat the record.
M: "Mom, come take a look!"
Ate L: "Um, no... I don't really want to."
M: "Come take a look"
Ate L: "Ok, I'll be there." Gets up from the couch and walks over. "Wow, it is. Omigosh!"
M: Smug-like "Thank you."
Exhibit 3:
Maggie needed to comb her hair, so I offer to brush it and braid her hair. After that, I brush Lily's hair. Then they offer to brush my hair, and I paused in panic.
K: "No, let's not touch my hair. How about we paint uncle's nails? (Girls squeal in excitement.) Joes is that ok?"
J: "No."
K: "Ok, we'll do something else."
Lily: "Shh. Don't tell." And runs off. Comes back with a Crayola marker.
K: "Lily, we can't paint uncle's nails. Put that back."
Nathan (child #1) was playing Gameboy pretty much this entire time. I feel bad not mentioning him, so here he is.
LOL. Hilarious. They're so cute.