Monday, July 10, 2006

Work is getting to be detrimental to my sanity. It's 6:52am, and I've been here since 6. I have to run the 2nd half of the 50/50 payment option that we offer renewing Subscribers and I have to do it when nobody else is on the system or, horrors of horrors, the system may crash. Hence the ungodly hour. Well, for me.

I am at 159 of 1467. Considering that I didn't really start running the report until 6:30 (I had to do some prep work), it's actually going by pretty fast. Crossing my fingers that nothing goes wrong. Oh please gad!

I planned on working yesterday too, but with a late night on Saturday (yay Guitar Hero!), I said screw it and slept until 11:30am Sunday, which is actually still pretty early for me as I normally sleep in until I get hungry or have to pee (whichever comes first). Sad, but true.

The up side of getting to work this early is that I can leave by 2pm. (Which I really don't think will happen, but I will try.) Maybe I'll go to the beach. Tonight is the annual (Ticketing) staff beach party, and if I'm feeling up to it, I'll stake out our spot on the beach. Which technically is still work-related. Dagnabbit! I'm totally a slave to my work.

So I worked 5 days of over time in the last pay period. That's 4 days extra and a miscelleanous number of hours amounting to an 8 hour work day. I think it's more than 8 hours but I didn't really count. (I resolve to keep better track of my time.) Anyway, since I don't get paid over time, that's 5 days of comp time which means I can take 5 days off without using vacation, sick or personal time. I was thinking about it, and if I decide to use these days all at once (meaning take an entire week off), I definitely need to do it away from home 'coz otherwise, I will still be checking my email from home (which I'll probably do anyway as I don't like leaving my inbox cluttered), or stopping by the Center to visit or have lunch with people. Really, really pathetic.

I don't even have to go out of town really. Maybe I'll just check into a hotel somewhere or stay at a friend's house or something. Or there's always Vegas or San Diego. Maybe I'll go up north and visit (i.e. crash/freeload) with relatives I haven't seen in a while. They won't mind. But I know that if I just decide to stay at the apartment or at my parents' house, it'll be like I never took the time off.

Last night, Angela and I took Chelsea to the Kristin Chenoweth concert at The Greek Theatre as a bday gift. She's the actress that originated the role of Glinda on Wicked. (Hi, my name is Karen and I'm a Broadway freak.) Omg, I totally love her! She's so cute! I don't know most of the songs she performed, but she's just so adorable that I didn't care. If you've seen the Bewitched movie with Will Ferrell and Nicole Kidman, she was in it playing Nicole's neighbor and that role was totally tailored for her.

311 of 1467. Please hurry up!